Tuesday 4 January 2011

Evaluation: How does your magazine represent a particular social group?

The artist I have used on the front cover of my magazine is in the 16-19 age range; this represents my target audience perfectly. He is also a black male, which connects with the genre of R&B/Hip-hop music, and represents the success of black artists in music.  The artist is wearing headphones, this fits well on the front cover of a music magazine and his NY baseball cap symbolises American’s influence on the music industry. The front cover advertises artists such as Rihanna and Flo Rida, again a further connection with the teenaged target audience. I have used a picture of the artist leaning against a graffitied wall, graffiti is iconic of youth culture and again the targeted genre of music. My artist is also wearing white trainers, which are a universal symbol of youth and energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment