Preliminary Task: School Magizene
On the front cover of my school magizene I did not inlcude standard conentions such as the, date, issue number and barcode. I made sure that I included these features on my actual music magizene. This taught me the importance of abiding by these conventioins.
Bettween creating my school magizene and my music magizene I learnt that using colours that are oppersite each other on the colour wheel helps make the front cover look a lot more professional.I have olny used the colour red in different shades on the front cover of my school magizene, whereas on the front cover of my final product I made sure that I used contrasting colours (blue & orange).
- On the front cover of my school magizene there is a white space at the top of the page, this looks unprofessional, and is raley seen in the press. This occored due to the fact that I had taken a landscape picture. Therefore on the front cover of my music magizene I used a portrait picture to ensure that it filled the front cover.
- My photoshop skills have also improved, the images used in my school magizene were unedited, meaning they did not appear as if they were to professional standards. One of the images I took for my contents page looked dull and did not appear to suite my genre of music, to resolve this I added a neon glow to the photo.
Overall the front page of my music magazine has a far more professional appearance than my preliminary task, this is due to the fact that I have made good used of all the conventions that are used in the music press.